Parent Information and Updates
September is here!
We are really looking forward to welcoming you all back to school this September. We know that you will be feeling anxious as well as excited that your children are back in school and learning with their teachers and friends.
This page is our dedicated page to support you with key information about how we are making school as safe as possible and we continue to add to this page when we receive new information. Down the left hand side of this page are links to documents with lots of information, including useful websites and phone numbers if you need any support. Please take the time to read the latest information and contact school if you have any questions.
School staff are on-hand to provide support as well as national and professional organisations that can provide you with specific guidance and support. Whilst is will be difficult for staff to have face-to-face meetings at this time, we are happy to arrange phonecall appointments with you to answer questions. Please contact the school office with questions and staff will return your call.
Organisation of the school day:
- Parents and carers will need to drop off and collect their child using specific gates - you can find details of this on the September newsletter on the left or by downloading the maps on the left hand side.
- Only one parent/carer allowed on site if needed (Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Lower Key Stage 2 pupils)
- Miss Kinch, Ms Jackson, Mr Steadman and Ms Smedley will be available to meet children and parents at the gates and answer any questions you may have at the start and end of the school day.
- Please be aware that school gates will not be opened until the times stated.
- On leaving school, children will be sent out to you. Please be patient with staff at this time as they will be directing children to you in a safe way to ensure that adults and children are socially distanced when entering and leaving the school site.
- Children will be in class bubbles and will not mix with other bubbles during the school day. Playtimes and lunchtimes will be in separate "zones" and at different times.
- Lunchtimes will be in sittings and will be a combination of hot and cold dinners for children in Key Stages 1 and 2.
Please adhere to the following information (more detailed information can be found on the left hand side of this page):
- If you or your child is displaying symptoms - persistent cough, high temperature, loss of taste or smell - you must not come to school. Please contact the school office and a test will be arranged for you and your household.
- Other symptoms may also indicate Covid-19 and we would encourage you to contact school to speak to a member of staff. (Further information can be found in the letter on the left hand side of this page.
- The government is not recommending face coverings are necessary in primary schools as pupils and staff are mixing in consistent groups, and because misuse may inadvertently increase the risk of transmission. Please speak to a member of staff if you have any questions and please see the policy on the wearing of face masks on the left hand side of this page.
IF YOU OR YOUR CHILD ARE NOT FEELING WELL, STAY AT HOME. PLEASE CONTACT SCHOOL TO DISCUSS THE SYMPTOMS.
To reduce transmission - you MUST follow social distancing guidelines at all times.
Please maintain your own social bubbles and avoid meeting in other households whilst the Manchester restrictions are in place.